There is an aspect to the uniform of the American Cowboy that is decidedly lacking austerity - it is a joyous form of workwear that contrasts to the sobriety of so many staples of functional clothing. Scalloped yokes and embroidery, pearl snaps and fancy cuffs, bold primary colours and almost feminine pastels that make it so perfectly suited to pairing with tailored garb.
The Snap Buttoned Western Shirt is a perfect example of that - it mixes the refined with the utilitarian. Cut along the lines of the original 50’s classics, it is athletically proportioned with a nipped waist and broad chest. The tails fall long, to stay securely tucked in against rigorous use, with a long sleeve to keep the wrist covered even with arms fully extended. The collar height and point are generous, equally suited to pairing with a tie or being flipped up against the sun.
In denim it is made for a lifetime of use, holding to the body with each wear and wash, fading down uniquely to each wearer. Whether it is paired with flannels and tweed, or hanging long over a pair of 5 pocket jeans, it is elegant utilitarianism. With a touch of ostentation thrown in for good measure.
- 100% Cotton
- Snap closures
- Western Yoke
- Long in the body, and worn tucked in
- Two Patch Pockets
- Soften significantly and lighten with wear and wash
- Minimal shrinkage, order true to size for a more tailored fit
* We suggest getting one size bigger due to shrinkage after the first wash
* Ethan is 181cm/5.94ft with a 46 1/4’”/117.5cm chest and wears size 46
* Kenji is 182cm/6ft with a 38”/96.5cm chest and wears size 40